Thursday, April 29, 2004

A Year Later

It's been a year now. No WMD have been found. Things stand somwhere between the optimistic goals of the Bush administration and the pessimistic doom of war opponents. No surprise there.

I went to lunch with some friends yesterday -- people I like a lot and hold in high regard as human beings... however, politically we're pretty divergent when it comes to this. One of them sent me a clip of an army tank crushing the vehicle of an apparent looter -- his taxi, his livlihood as an example of the "heavy handedness" of the American forces.

As the Jackson 5 put it... "One bad apple don't spoil the whole bunch, baby..."

And on top of that, I had a few other problems with that assertion... so I replied. I'll post my ramblings next: (of course, this is a blog, so you'll have to go "up" to the next post)