Thursday, January 26, 2012

A Post of His Own

Cylarz comment over a week ago over on Morgan's blog deserves a post of it's own.  I reproduce it here, unedited. :-)

So Buffett has pledged to match 1 for 1 all such voluntary contributions made by Republican members of Congress. “And I’ll even go 3 for 1 for McConnell,” he says. That could be quite a bill if McConnell takes the challenge; after all, the Senator is worth at least $10 million. As Buffett put it to me, “I’m not worried.”
Excuse me, Mr Buffett, but I am not seeing the ‘hypocrisy.’ Senator McConnell is not the one who stood before the American people (via an op-ed in the NYT) and told them that he thinks he doesn’t pay enough taxes. You did, sir.
McConnell doesn’t want pay more in taxes than he currently does. He wants to spend his money on the goods and services and investments of his choosing, rather than having the government pick and choose for him. The same could be said of you; instead of simply eating some crow and admitting the exact same is true of you, you upped the ante by offering to go “3 for 1.”
You’re an idiot, Mr Buffett…and more to the point, I do not appreciate you encouraging the president and members of Congress to raise taxes on the rest of us who aren’t millionaires and billionaires…which was sort of the point all along, wasn’t it? You may have money to throw around; the rest of us out here in middle America are having a hard enough time feeding our families, putting gas in our cars, keeping roofs over our heads, and running our businesses…without you and a bunch of other idle rich going around trying to get the government to take away even more of what was ours.
Just shut the hell up, will you?

I just don't think there's a clearer way to put that.

3 comments:

tim said...

AMEN!

I would have substituted 'SFTU' at the end but that's just me...

Cylarz said...

Thanks Phil! Means a lot.

Severian said...

Nicely done.