Tuesday, October 27, 2009

My Latest Reading Material

Saul Alinsky's "Rules for Radicals"... you know ... "Know Thy Enemy" and all.  Just showed up in the mail today.  This book is the manual for groups like ACORN -- and the group of radicals Obama has surrounded himself with for a good portion of his life -- the people he has brought into the executive branch of the Federal Government with him to "Fundamentally Change" the United States of America.

So I read the back cover and he's being praised as another Thomas Paine or even Samuel Adams by such publications as The Nation.  (I know, big shock).

Then I crack the cover and there's three quotes.

"Where there are no men, be thou a man." - Rabbi Hillel
Ok, nice, I can dig that (snap, snap).
"Let them call me a rebel and welcome, I feel no concern from it; but I should suffer the misery of devils were I to make a whore of my soul..." - Thomas Paine
All right, I get that one, too -- and being a Tea Partier, I know what he's saying. Kind of echoes the tag line on my blog, really.

Then the third quote:

"Lest we forget at least an over-the shoulder acknowledgement to the very first radical: from all our legends, mythology, and history (and who is to know where mythology leaves off and history begins-- or which is which), the first radical known to man who rebelled against the establishment and did it so effectively that he at least won his own kingdom -- Lucifer." - Saul Alinsky
Awesome.

Let's blur the lines between mythology and history -- perhaps even switch one for the other, and emulate Lucifer and build our own kingdom.

Hell on earth. Nice.


Update: Ok, I wasn't even done with the second paragraph of the prologue, and already he's used the word (or a form of the word) "dialectic" -- pretty much an immediate turn-off for me as I find it is generally a marker for psuedo-intellecualism -- and laments that "few of us survived the Joe McCArthy holocaust of the early 1950's ..."  (emphasis, mine) ...


Read it again and think about it...

No comments: