Wednesday, July 21, 2004

"W"

Saw a bumper sticker this weekend.  Took me a second. 

It just said "W" 2004, with a flag.  Small little oval.  Understated.

I ordered one.

I'm breaking with my long tradition of voting Libertarian every election because it's important to me that I do my best to keep Kerry out of the White House.

On the issues I disagree with "W" on, at least I know I disagree with him on them.    Kerry really won't say what he stands for outright.  A lot of vagueness about jobs and dignity, but no plan.  But he's the hero of the Nanny Culture.  The Religious Left.  No, there's no formal church, but they have their own moral code they want to force on the rest of us nonetheless.

It's not just an anti-American culture, it's an anti-human culture.  This is the party of the activists, most of them anyway.  And activism in the last 20 or so years has lost its good name.   The Greens and animal welfare groups have been hijacked by militants who consider humans a blight, a "cancer" on the planet.  They consider anything any other animal on the planet does as "natural", but anything humans do is un-natural.  It is as if we are not a part of the equation, but some errant term, planted by an evil force.  But we are as much a part of the planet and its ecosystems as any other animal.  And our effects on the environment are just as natural as those of any other species on the planet.

Now, I'm not saying that means its ok for us to trash it and make it uninhabitable.  I'm conservationist, and I don't belive in cruelty to animals.  But the people in control of the major organizations are nuts.  They talk about balance, but man is never a part of their equation.

Greenpeace co-founder Patrick Moore, who split with the group in 1986, has been quite critical of what the group has turned into -- describing them as “Anti-human”; “antitechnology and anti-science”; “Anti-organization” and “pro-anarchy”; “anti-trade”; “anti-free-enterprise”; “anti-democratic”; and “basically anti-civilization.”   In 2001, he said  “I had no idea that after I left in 1986 they would evolve into a band of scientific illiterates…. Clearly, my former Greenpeace colleagues are either not reading the morning paper or simply don't care about the truth.”

From what I've read on environmental and animal rights groups, their thought processes (if you can call them that) are pretty much the same.   And these are the people that want John Kerry in the White House.  These are the people that don't base their decisions on facts, but on a kind of religious idealism -- the kind facts cannot alter.   Their priests are the Michael Moores of the world.   And like other religious zealot groups in the past, they have lost any use for restraint.  Their self-righteousness gives them the "right" to forward their agenda by any means possible.  They threaten people.  They burn down buildings, bomb places they disagree with.  And they will kill one day.   And they have the ear of the Democratic party.  Sure, they polish up what they've got to say -- clean it up for public consumption.

They are nasty brats who resort to calling names rather than talk about issues in terms of facts.  If you're not with them, you're a Nazi, or a redneck, or a racist, or any number of other labels of dismissal.  This is how they censor facts when confronted by them.

These are not the people I want in charge of the country.

This country was founded on Freedom and Liberty.   These people want anarchy or some sort of Green and Animal-worshiping autocracy.

Well, not if I can help it.

So, "W", you didn't get my vote last time, but you're getting it this time. 






No comments: