Tuesday, February 09, 2010

I am Simon Jester as Well

This is good. No. Really good.

I've heard of "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress", but I really never knew anything about it. Not even that "TANSTAAFL" was coined in it.

I was paid a nice compliment by Morgan over my recent post when he said that it was the best Tea Party Manifesto he'd read... but this one is pretty darned good, too. Lengthier, but better. Way better.

Simon Jester: a pen name for a subversive doggerel, caricatured as a little horned devil with pitchfork and tail, sometimes stabbing a fat man. He was quickly adopted by Loonies in general, and cartoons and verses that he had not produced appeared everywhere, becoming the Revolutionary equivalent of "Kilroy Was Here" in "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress".
I think I just might be Simon Jester as well.

No comments: