Friday, November 11, 2005

Astute Observation on France's Current War (as opposed to the one 60 years ago)

From my favorite Canadian blogger, Girl on the Right.

The Jihadis are waging a holy war against France, because it is an easy target, and because there are enough of them to make it very violent and very successful.I don't know what will become of Paris's treasures once this ugliness calms. I do not know if the churches and museums will remain.

What I do know is that when the Germans invaded France in WWII, Hitler was adamant about leaving Paris intact. He was a student of art, and was unwilling to see Europe's jewel destroyed. I doubt the Jihadis have the same view of art and culture. And I, for one, am saddened by the thought that one of the most evil men ever to walk the face of this earth had more class than our current enemies.

No comments: