Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Obama's Gantt Chart for Lightbulb Replacement

If I were running for president with "We've got to do something about Global Warming NOW" in my platform, you can bet that while I was putting my exploratory comittee together to see if I should announce my candidacy, I'd replace all of the lightbulbs in my house that I was going to replace with flourescent ones. I mean, man! It's pretty simple. And every single person who is running for President is many times over wealthy enough to do it in one day.

Even li'l ole non-progressive me has changed most of his - there are a few more to go out of the ones I'm going to replace -- which puts me over 75% flourescent. There are some that won't work because they're on dimmers, and there's halogen security light out front. Few of those get used much anyway, and the security light is on a motion sensor.

But Barack Obama is "working on" replacing the light bulbs in his house. I guess he's been concerned about it for a long time, but just hasn't had enough time to take a few hours of his time to do his part to save the planet. Or a few minutes of his time to hire someone to do it for him. Or, God forbid, have one of the kids do it. Democrats would probably call that child exploitation.

Even Gore himself, the reigning Pope of the Environmental Movement doesn't seem to be doing a whole lot of walking the walk he talks -- and he talks it big. 22,000KWh a month -- plus there's that heated pool. Yeah. $1,000 a month on gas to heat the pool. But granny better turn her thermostat down.

"Vote for me, I'm Environmental".

Maybe minus the "Environ".

No comments: