Friday, January 11, 2008

Aw, shucks!

I am humbled.

I didn't do much internetting between December 21 and ... Well, Jan 2. No regrets about it, really -- I was doing that family Christmas thing. Christmas is a Big Deal to me ... to us, and I pay a lot more attention to IT than anything else for a couple of weeks every December.

But in doing that I missed what has to be the biggest compliment I've ever gotten from anyone, maybe ever -- besides my wife saying she'd marry me, of course.

It came from Morgan at House of Eratosthenes the very day I started my hiatus.

Wow. I mean really. Here's the whole post (with links to other sites he considers worthwhile). As he would say, I'm not in it for the recognition, but I will take some if I may since it was offered:

Phil, Clue Batting Cage. He comes in second after Buck. A close second. You know Myers-Briggs? This guys is as INTP as INTP can possibly get, and that’s supposed to be 1% of the population. I’m a heavy INTP myself, so Phil and I have some interesting off-line conversations about what’s going on and how “everybody” is kind of failing to grasp what’s really important about the latest events. Oh, but unlike myself Phil is somewhat well organized, can pass tests, and has actually pulled down some formal education for himself. Yet somehow, he’s sufficiently anchored to reality to understand something is heap-big-busted with the way such sheepskins are ritually handed out nowadays. From what I’ve been able to gather, Phil is married to an incredible woman and is one lucky sonofabitch.

Thank you, Morgan. High praise from someone I think has a lot more insight into people and behavior than I do and a special knack for expressing thoughts that often leaves me saying to myself, "now why didn't I think of that?"

Morgan has been on the top of my "Highly Recommended" blog roll for quite some time now. It was a good day when I found a link to one (three, actually: I II III) of his posts with high recommendation from Misha, the infamous Anti-Idiotarian Emporer. I was immediatley struck by how closely Morgan shared my world view, but was much better at expressing it. So I stuck around. He always has something interesting and insightful to say. He's a daily read. More than that, really. And a friend I have never met in person but would surely enjoy tossing a few back with him on some patio somewhere.




As a footnote, he's since added a couple more installments to the What Is a Liberal? series.

IV and V

No comments: