Tuesday, January 08, 2008

What Have You Done for Fred?

This is a friendly little message to all the Fred Thompson backers out there.

I have never given money to a political campaign before. I mean, ever.

I was on the Blogs for Bush Blogroll for the last Presidental election. And I have a picture and link to Fred Thompson on my blog this time around. But nobody really reads this blog, anyway, with all due hat-tipping to Morgan.

And so I watch in vain this political campaign where my guy, the guy I would really rather have in the White House than anybody else running on either side ... struggles. He doesn't appear to have the big backers others have. But I know a lot of people who say they are for him. I also know a lot of other people who know absolutely nothing about him, but they'd be for him if they did and thought about their choices for a while.

If I do nothing, I can only blame myself.

So I did it. Not much, mind you, but a little. If everybody who wants to see Fred get out there and have the press take him seriously (which, of course is 90% of the problem) would donate just a little ... well he'd have a better chance.

So here's a little throwdown to all the Fred supporters out there. If you haven't already, put a little money where your mouth is. As Bob Parks just said ... he's the only real adult in the pack. A shame to let the fact that we actually have one go to waste.

No comments: