Thursday, July 31, 2008

Crying Wolf "Racist!"

I know. It's my fault. I stepped in the cesspool that is the Huffington Post. But RCP linked it. Yeah. That's my excuse.

I saw a link that said "McCain Ad Racist", and I had to go see what in the heck was considered racist. And here's the meat of it:

Of all the famous celebrities they could have compared Obama to, why not Tom Cruise? Or Arnold Schwarzenegger, or Donald Trump, or Oprah Winfrey? Why Britney Spears and Paris Hilton? Why two white blond bimbos?

Only one reason. It's a somewhat tamer version of the white bimbo ad used so successfully against Harold Ford in Tennessee. In juxtaposing Barack Obama with Britney Spears and Paris Hilton, the McCain campaign is simply trying to plant the old racist seed of black man hitting on young white woman. Not directly, but subliminally and disgracefully.
WTF?!!!

There's a reason right there I don't want a progressive in the White House (or that big domed building, either). Decisions made using "logic" like that.

Comparing Barack Obama to two white women is racist. Eh? It suggested he was hitting on her. Huh? I mean -- gaahhhhh!!!! I guess you have to be really edumacated to make these connections.

And they call Bush an idiot. (heh. Dig this irony. The author's last name is "Press".)

Apparently, there's a racist behind every tree. Wait... if I tried hard enough, I could come up with an "explanation" that shows that statement is racist, too.

No comments: