Thursday, September 17, 2009

Jon Stewart - Balance?

I must admit, I've never been a fan although I will admit that at times he's been pretty funny. When he was on the Bush Bashing Bandwagon (see, that's called alliteration. I took journalism in high school. Ain't I smart?) Anyway, he really turned me off and had me thinking he's in the tank, left-wing all the way. I did know there was evidence to the contrary, though, that he actually does go after both sides -- and here's some.

So let's give credit where credit is due, actually ... twice. One in this bit that Morgan posted ...

The Daily Show With Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
The Audacity of Hos
http://www.thedailyshow.com/
Daily Show
Full Episodes
Political HumorHealthcare Protests


And this one, which played right after it:

The Daily Show With Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
Arizona State Capitol Building for Sale
http://www.thedailyshow.com/
Daily Show
Full Episodes
Political HumorHealthcare Protests

I love it...

"You've got $735 million for this year. What happens next year, when you ... don't have that, and you gotta pay rent?"

See, that's always the problem, but you know, we've gotta get through this year."

"Ok, but next year. You gotta pay rent."

"Right."

"Isn't that adding to your deficit?"

"Yes. But, it will have helped us bridge the gap for this year."

"Ok. Like I say, again, next year. What are you gonna do?"

[crickets chirping]

"Ohhhhh...... my goodness. You're killin' me here."

No comments: