Contrary to the narrative ...
- I have two bachelor's degrees, one in meteorology, the other in computer science
- I did all the masters classes in meteorology as well
- I work at a major University
- My musical tastes run from Telemann to the Grateful Dead, from Sheila Chandra and Tangerine Dream to Alison Krauss and Toby Keith, and Artie Shaw to John Lee Hooker
- I am not a NASCAR fan
- I work with immigrants and nationals from many nations from Lebanon to China -- and I like them. Really. And the ones from communist countries? They agree with me on where we're headed.
- I drive a Ford Escort that gets 36 MPG. Not a pickup. Or even an SUV.
- I often ride a bicycle to work.
- I think drugs should be legalized (though I don't condone their use)
- I am a conservationist
- I am an independent libertarian
- I even have friends who are progressive Democrats
- They agree with me on lots of actual issues when politics are left out.
You can call me whatever you want. It won't affect my self-image.
Or... the truth.