Thursday, August 27, 2009

Another Thing I Know

What would this one, be, 29?
29. I much prefer people who have standards and sometimes fail to live up to them over people who never fail to because they have none.
Update: A comment I added after Morgan expounded a bit.
Of course I'm talking about moral standards and the Saul Alinsky rule concerning them (rule #4, I believe). Sarah Palin's a hypocrite because her daughter got pregnant out of wedlock and the Palins are Christian believe abortion premarital sex are wrong. Bill Clinton, on the other hand, is just fine because getting blow jobs from interns in the Oval office as well as being married ... well, see he's a liberal and pre and extramarital sex are just fine for liberals because ... well they just are. I mean, if they weren't that would be so puritan.

In the words of Jesus himself, even the just man sins seven times daily. In other words, we are weak. We fail. But if we have standards we try to live up to, we are better people. Christianity has some pretty good ones. The vast majority of the raps against Christianity are actually examples of people failing to live up to it.

It doesn't mean there's anything wrong with the standards.

Ever hear the term, "don't throw the baby out with the bath water?"

If I had to pick between the Palins and the Clintons to be my neighbors, the Palins would win hands down.

No comments: