Monday, August 24, 2009

The Stricken Language and The Health Care Debate

This is part of what I was trying to get at (with a little more alarming information included here) in my earlier post. It doesn't really matter that the "end-of-life counseling" verbage has been stricken from HR3200.

* There are no death panels in HR 3200 because creating them there would have been entirely superfluous. If we are to have death panels, or any entity that might pass as one, the provision for such a panel is already the law of the land. It was made so earlier this year (conveniently, before anybody started paying attention) in the Stimulus Bill, which created the Federal Coordinating Council for Comparative Effectiveness Research.
On the other hand, the fact that it got people's attention is important.

I'm going to look at the bit I highlighted in bold, and marry it with what I find out about what Beck's been talking about ... this Apollo Alliance ... and the fact that it had a big hand in writing both the Stimulus Package and HR3200. And the fact that the alliance is between the green movment (Greenpeace), the community organizers (ACORN), and labor unions (SEUI, etc).

I am not sure of it yet, but I think that stinky smell we've been smelling has a rat-like form, this might just be where it is hiding.

No comments: